Thursday, March 06, 2008

My Red Phone Ad

In the run-up to the latest round of Democratic primaries, the campaign for Senator Hillary Clinton rolled out a remarkable advertisement. View it here. The "Red Phone" ad became instantly notorious, as its subtext was pretty baldly, "Vote for me or your children will die." Barack Obama fired back with a red phone ad of his own.

Even the Republican John McCain riffed on the red phone ad, and some military leaders say they would rather not have McCain answering the red phone.

Since everyone is getting in on this red phone thing, I decided to write my own Red Phone Ad. And I would like to invite any reader of this blog who feels so inclined to send me their red phone ads. Write them up and submit them as comments. Let's have fun with this thing.

Here is my Red Phone Ad:


It's 3:00 A.M.

You and your cholicky baby have been up all night.

Somewhere in the White House, a phone is ringing.


"Nnnnn- hello?"


"J-Dog!!"


"Wha--?"


"J-Dog, 'ssup? You chillin'??"


"Um. I think you've got the wrong number."


"Yo."


*click*


Had that been an actual emergency, the phone would have been answered by a President half-asleep and groggy.

Can we take a chance on a president who has time to lay down and sleep? You're not sleeping! Why should the President of the United States?

Vote Larry. An insomniac and a workaholic. And a bit of a jerk. Everything we expect in a leader of the free world.


I'm Larry and I approved this message - at 3:00 AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll vote for Larry.

~Kelly