Friday, December 05, 2008

I Didn't Vote For Him, But He's My President...

"I didn’t vote for him, but he’s my president, and I hope he does a good job."

John Wayne, a conservative, said this upon hearing that John F. Kennedy had been elected president.

Not everyone is on board with that sentiment. Justice Clarence Thomas is trying to get two of his colleagues to hear a silly legal challenge to Obama's eligibility for the presidency.

Mother Jones paid a visit to some of the activists waiting outside the Supreme Court.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes, I've heard a lot about this lately. Seems to me it should have been addressed (and resolved) quite some time ago....not now, just weeks prior to the inauguration!

Personally, I share John Wayne's sentiments. No, I didn't vote for him, but he's soon to be our president, I accept that, and I hope he serves our country well.

Pam said...

I just rolled my eyes when I heard about all this the other day. Why does it not surprise me?

*Sigh*