Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Memo to BPF: Check Your Website

Dear readers: If you are looking for a good non-profit organization for which to donate your services as a website administrator, I would like to refer you to the Buddhist Peace Fellowship.

A good organization, sincere in its dedication to its work, an organization that keeps its staff small so more of its funds can go to programs instead of administration. I have been a member on and off again for years, depending on my own budget. Recently, I became a member again.

It had been quite some time since I visited its website, so I spent some time looking at the website, checking out the current staff and board, the programs they are running, and so on, checking the features of the web site.

Then I went to the BPF discussion forum. Note: if you're going to have a discussion forum on your website, you'd better have a moderator and comb through it on a regular basis. If you don't check on it, this is what happens.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. What could I do but send an email to BPF suggesting they, um, drop by the BPF discussion forum and see what's being posted there?

Sigh.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hey-- leave worldly attachments behind. That includes Granny Sex Photos.

Algernon said...

Riiiiiight.