Thursday, August 05, 2010

Stewart: I Give Up

For a long time, I've enjoyed watching comedian (and astute media critic) Jon Stewart editorialize and spoof the day's news. As I have pretty much given up hope on our political process, as I've observed what happens when a country based on certain ideas fails to teach those ideas to its people, and as I watch my country succumb to class warfare, nihilistic capitalism, and unflappable stupidity, Jon Stewart has at least helped me to laugh about it. The laughter has helped me to put it down, turn away from the news and the media circus, and return to family, practice, and daily life.

Nowadays, though, I've noticed a shift in Stewart's tone. I still laugh with him, but he's sounding as discouraged as I am.

Who is making Jon Stewart laugh these days?

I don't know the answer to that. But here, enjoy his latest piece, entitled I Give Up.


I Give Up - 9/11 Responders Bill
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

2 comments:

Adam said...

I too, give up

Kyle said...

To beat a zealot, you have to be a zealot.

PS I am so voting for Palin in 2012!!