Thursday, September 02, 2010

Apo-liggies?



Our educational aides work very hard and are entitled to a mistake here and there.

I noticed this bulletin board as I was receiving a, um, apo-liggy from a fifth grader at our school. Yesterday morning, as I was riding my bike along 2nd Street toward our school, a schoolbus passed me and as it did, tiny explosions popped around my head. The student had thrown a handful of "poppers," or what we used to call "salutes" in Rhode Island, tiny firecrackers that don't have to be lit. Damn near fell off my bike into the road. It was a lively way to start the day.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sorry Alg, but I had to laugh when I read this!

Also...think the creator of that bulletin board will "apoligize" when they realize their error (or have it pointed out)?