Monday, October 18, 2010

Gabriel's Words


Our son catches us by surprise. He is not quite two and a half, and some of his speech still sounds a bit like someone pretending to speak French. As he becomes clearer, however, we are hearing complete sentences that hit us over the head.

The other night, after I had spent my time at his bedside and his mama came in to sing and pray with him, she finally said to him, "Okay, Gabriel, I'll see you in the morning."

And the boy said: "Fine. I guess I'll go to sleep then."


4 comments:

Adam said...

I had one of those moments yesterday. Usually if Corbin doesn't want something, he'll politely say no, or if I offer him something he might push it away from me. Yesterday however, when offered some banana for a snack it was "No, I'm not hun-ga-ry right now". Kinda blew me away.

Sabio/Jōsen said...

The words of our young are refreshing for the mind indeed !
Nice photo

Kelly said...

It's interesting to see them move into each stage of development.

The picture looks likes he's leaving the toddler stage and becoming a "little boy"

Pam said...

I agree with Kelly....he's becoming a little boy. It's fun when they begin to talk.