Monday, November 15, 2010

Hello, We Must Be Going

Good morning.

This morning's writing time has been taken up with a letter to the editor of our local paper, which has run an op-ed by Marita Noon, a spokeswoman for New Mexico's energy lobby. This one is a doozy, comparing the Obama Administration to the rise of Hitler under Weimar Germany.

Our paper relies on free content to fill its editorial page -- probably the only reason they run my letters. They are willing to run some astonishing stuff on that page, and it frequently falls to readers to fact-check and respond.

So we will simply take this space to wish everyone a happy week and mild weather. Fall has undeniably arrived here, and Gabriel has been terrorizing my piles of leaves. Some eager neighbors of ours over on Hemlock Street have their house dressed up in colorful lights already. Oy vey, the holidays are here.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Yes, a few houses in my neighborhood are already aglow with holiday lights.

Makes me ALMOST itch to get out my Christmas decorations before my usual time or Thanksgiving afternoon. :)