Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blog Waylaid by Theatre Camp


For the past two weeks, my wife and I have been immersed in a performing arts camp for local youth.

It is the third year my wife and I have run this program. We direct a musical production and put the kids through a rehearsal schedule similar to a professional summer stock schedule. This year, demand for the camp was higher than ever: registration peaked at 52 kids between the ages of 5 and 17. There were so many, our show featured 42 performers and a design team and crew consisting entirely of kids. They designed and built costumes, props, and scenery.

It has been all-consuming and exhausting. Especially as parents of two children. In the photo above, you see my wife choreographing with our three month old, Lucca.

This blog should see renewed activity soon.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You've been busy and productive!

quid said...

Sounds wonderful!

Mandy_Fish said...

I love it!