Sunday, April 29, 2012

Time to brush up that Italian...

I am ridiculously happy to announce that I will be playing Tybalt in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet for the Festa Theatre in Florence, Italy this summer.

We will be performing in the gardens of the Palazzo Corsini and also teaching a Shakespeare camp for children. 

I am giddy with excitement over working with this international theatre company, bringing theatre into the lives of children and performing Shakespeare in the open air of a city I've dreamed of visiting for much of my life.

7 comments:

Ji Hyang said...

and, no speciality contact lenses needed-- just lovely plein air. While you're at it, teach Tybalt some Zen...

Kelly said...

This is exciting news! Congratuations, Algernon. Of course you'll blog about your adventures. :)

quid said...

How wonderful! I would hope that family could come with you, but, if not, it is still a wonderful opportunity!

quid

Hal Johnson said...

Wow. Just wow.

Anonymous said...

Algernon -

"...More than the Prince of Cats" indeed.

CIP

Lorianne said...

Hooray, congratulations, and enjoy!

Sar @ Vinyl Wall Art said...

Congrats Algernon! I will have to be back and check your blog about it. All the best!