Saturday, May 19, 2012

What's an Italian boy like you doing in a Mexican drug gang?


Greetings from Los Lunas, just south of Albuquerque.

This is a day trip to Albuquerque Studios to audition for the role of a henchman -- a stock role in the tradition of Hollywood thrillers, the wily and snarling lackey serving a Big Bad Chief Villain.

Amusingly, the scene takes place on a Mexican farm where drugs are processed by gangsters.  I cannot help feeling amused when, here in the state of New Mexico, a casting director needs to cast a Mexican tough guy, they would call me.  But of course I was happy to audition.

When I presented myself at the studio and took my seat in the waiting area, I confirmed that indeed I was the one guero at the casting call.

Once this cup of coffee is finished, I will point my car south and roll down that long, long slope back into Deming.

No comments: