Monday, August 27, 2012

Coming soon, and a moment of reader participation






The studio pictured above is where my mind is concentrated this week.  This is the Isabel Crouch Readers Theatre, on the campus of New Mexico State University.  Five days a week, I can now be found here teaching courses in acting and educational theatre.  This week, I've had to cram all the prep work and new-employee business into a few days because of my travels this summer.

There are some short blog pieces in the works for this space, however.  A piece about an Oklahoma police captain who refused to attend a community event at an Islamic center. Tales of sitting zen in Florence.  A piece about scientific literacy in the United States Congress. The passing of my grandfather, who died while I was in the air flying from Munich to Los Angeles.





And other topics, too.  Readers of this blog (all three or four of you!)  are invited to suggest topics you would like to see addressed in this space.  No promises, of course, but those of you kind of enough to give this blog your attention from time to time are appreciated and we would like these dispatches from the Burning House to be of use to you -- or at least entertaining.

7 comments:

Barry said...

I'll seize the moment . . .

Always interested in life in Deming and at the Deming Zen Center!

Ji Hyang said...

More pieces on practice, more on democracy and pluralistic society, more on your adventures overseas..

Kelly said...

Glad to hear about the job at the University!

I always enjoy pieces about your family. Also...updates on the movies you filmed - any chance they'll make it to Netflix?

Mandy_Fish said...

I want to hear about the new job! Sounds exciting!

I bet you make an excellent teacher.

Hal Johnson said...

I loved reading about your time in Italy this summer, and I'm happy as heck about your new position at the university. Your further thoughts on the differences between U.S. and Italian life would be interesting. I'm hoping to take my son there someday to see the hometowns of his great-grandfather in Sicily and his great-grandmother in Florence.

Hal Johnson said...

And yeah, I'm with Mandy: your experiences in the new position would be welcome.

quid said...

Algie...

I would love to see small vignettes of your time teaching at this new level...maybe contrasting it to the teaching you did with small children.

quid