Sunday, March 10, 2013

OUR TOWN closes and zzz-zzz-zzz....






Amid tears and exuberant whoops, Our Town, the inaugural production at New Mexico State's new performing arts center, gave its last show this afternoon. 

Meanwhile, midterms are underway -- and it seems more of my students are in trouble this term than last; another deadline for the Deming Headlight is creeping upon me; and I will be directing a production of Ted Tally's Terra Nova for No Strings Theatre Company in Las Cruces. 

Oh yes, and Tuesday I'm filming a bit part for an episode of NBC's Dead of Night. 

And yet, as something like spring struggles to assert itself through the gritty winds and cold drafts, it feels like some breathing room is trying to open up.  There are blog posts I would love to write and hope I'll get time to. 


...like the continuing performance art of responding to zen scandals, which in many cases seems to have become a unique form of attention-seeking behavior.

...the minimum wage debate in Las Cruces.

...a recent dialogue about morality with a Christian friend.

...the death of Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez, which might be a very dangerous moment for Venezuela's sovereignty, and other commentaries on the passing of a political figure I have found fascinating and frustrating.  (And the recent media coverage in the U.S., which by and large is not fascinating but definitely frustrating.) 

...the increasingly open secret in U.S. news and entertainment media that the most popular "liberal" talking heads are rather pompous and surprisingly conservative.


No, I don't know if I'll get to all of these, but for the few of you appreciating this blog:  thank you, there will be increased activity again soon. 




[Image:  At the Spirit Winds cafe in Las Cruces.]

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I look forward to the increased activity around here. Sounds like you have some interesting topics on your mind.